Four basic steps to wear a girdle correctly and take advantage of all its benefits
Knowing the basic steps to use a girdle is synonymous with a good experience with the garment, which guarantees you get results and you can take advantage of its many benefits.
If you have any doubts, when you finish reading this post, you will have full confidence to use Colombian girdles.
Common myths about the use of girdles
There are 2 main reasons that give rise to myths about the use of girdles:
-Disinformation when choosing the most appropriate garment.
–Low quality products that end up hurting rather than helping.
Are girdles uncomfortable and their use is not recommended?
False. Perhaps you have already heard that girdles are uncomfortable and harmful to the body, when in fact it is a very beneficial garment, which you should know how to choose considering the opinion of your family doctor, in case there is any condition that prevents you.
In many cases the use of the postoperative girdle is practiced for diseases such as scoliosis, since it involves a support to the lumbar area to relieve discomfort and help you maintain an upright posture. For that reason, before relying on rumors born from a bad experience, get information from people who know about the subject.
Are they ideal only for chubby and older women?
No. False. Although it is said that they are exclusive garments for chubby or older women, in reality they can be used by girls of all ages (after the development stage), builds and even men, as a reinforcement in the back to protect them from hernias due to weight lifting or to do exercises.
In this article I tell you the advantages of using sports girdles in those days of the month…
In other words, the girdle has multiple uses, both aesthetic and functional, but also has a positive influence on female self-esteem, as it helps us to shape the figure and have a kinder relationship with our body, as it allows us to highlight our greatest attributes.
That said, here are four basic steps to wear a girdle correctly:
To put on a Colombian short girdle…
- – Put your feet into the girdle and make sure that the side seams are located on the sides of your legs.– Raise the girdle, placing it well on your hips.– Put on both straps and adjust them to your measurements.– Adjust the inner clasps, zipper up the waistband and secure the top clasp.
For your convenience, when you need to go to the bathroom you have a perineal opening with or without zipper. If you prefer to wear additional pantyhose, you can do so on the inside of the girdle.
To put on a Colombian waistband or vest type:
– Start with a little rehearsal so that you locate the places where the stays and the row of snaps should be.
– Once you know where they go, start by buckling the lower end (if it is a high compression girdle, it will help you tuck in your abdomen a little).
– Relax your body and continue buckling until you reach the upper end (patiently and calmly).
– Make sure the stays are exactly on the sides, as close to the hips as possible, and pull up the outer clasp of the girdle.
To put on shorts, lift the tail:
– Insert both legs into the openings of the shorts.
– Try to touch the garment with your fingertips (not with your fingernails because you can tear the fabric).
– Pull up the shorts little by little until you make sure that your buttocks are located inside the holes of the garment.
If you follow these steps and choose the most appropriate girdle according to your characteristics, it will end up being an essential piece in your closet, either for daily use or to exercise and accelerate sweating.
What should you know if you are going to wear a girdle for the first time?
– Knowing your size is essential: Knowing your measurements is the key for the girdle to work the way you want it to. Although it is a garment that should be tight to the body, you should also be comfortable, so you should never choose a size smaller than you normally wear.
– Don’t wait until the last minute to try it on: It’s normal that the first time you wear a girdle; you may feel that the garment doesn’t fit your body right away. But if it’s your size, you can be sure that it will, it’s just a process.
– Choose an appropriate time to wear it for the first time: This means that you should not try on the girdle right after eating a super feast, or at a time when you feel bloated. Better do it in the morning hours, when your body has not yet retained fluid and you are a little lighter.
How to use the girdle to reduce waist?
Using a girdle to reduce waist is extremely effective, as long as you lead a healthy lifestyle, including good nutrition and frequent exercises. Otherwise, the girdle alone won’t do the job.
If you are wondering how to use it, you must first choose between two types of Colombian girdles: the one for daily use and the one for sports use. The first one is made with high compression fabric, called Powernet and covered with cotton internally so that it does not cut into the skin. The second, on the other hand, is made with latex, also of high compression, but for sports use, since it accelerates sweating.
How do you wear a girdle for exercise?
Latex sports girdles can be somewhat rigid at first, so we recommend a couple of tests to ensure that the material adapts to your body, before using them to exercise in total comfort.
When you put them on, make sure that the side seams are well positioned on the hips so that you can fasten them from the lower end. In this process the most important thing is that you have patience and your body is relaxed, otherwise you might think that the girdle is not your size.
How is a post-operative girdle used?
In the case of postoperative or post-surgical girdles, it is essential to have the approval of your treating physician, so that the garment can facilitate your recovery, either for cosmetic surgeries or for having recently given birth.
In any case, the girdle can be a great ally because it allows you to have more security when moving during recovery, improves posture and gives lumbar support.
Now that you know this, enter our store and discover the variety of girdles we have to make you look and feel good…